[Coco] Powering a computer room/ham shack?

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Wed Sep 30 02:11:11 EDT 2009

You can feed a small sub-panel with that 20A line just fine, and split it off into pretty much as many circuits as you want. Obviously you cannot draw more than 20A off either of the hot legs from the source panel without tripping the source breaker.

A 20A 2-pole breaker should feed your subpanel, remember to get the permits beforehand (and ask to make sure your local codes allow what you want to do) and do not bond the neutral to ground in your subpanel (that's a big no-no)

You can run lots of CoCos off that 20A 2-pole breaker :)

-Mike