[Coco] wireless remote CoCo

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Sep 19 20:23:46 EDT 2009

On Saturday 19 September 2009, Roger Taylor wrote:
>At 12:52 PM 9/19/2009, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 9/18/2009 3:52:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>>
>>operator at coco3.com writes:
>> >You're killin' me, man.  :)
>> >
>> >Just so others will know,  Gene dropped his pak on the floor on day 1
>> >hard enough to dislodge the  plug-in module which is extremely snug,
>> >and also performed a hack on  it.
>>
>>LOL .  Don't you know Roger that THE final test of any piece  of
>>equipment is to throw it against the wall and drop kick it
>>across the room?  :)     Heck, I even harden my  stuff against
>>radiation so that if world war III breaks out or it needs to
>>go into orbit it will still function......  ok that's an  exaggeration
>>but I used to apply a conformal coating until they stop carrying
>>the stuff at Jameco.    I may have to go to Mouser to get  it.  :(
>>
>>Roy
>
>Exactly.  The pak is so durable that it would have to be thrown to
>the floor with very hard force to break it.

I can testify to that.  I was attempting to pull it out of the end of all
that bubble-wrap Roger taped around it, and when the tape on the back end
that I didn't know was stuck to the end of the pack finally came loose, it
went flying about 3 feet, out and down to a concrete floor in my basement.
Knocked the eb101 out of its socket, but no other damages, not even a dimple
on the case corner.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Why does a hearse horse snicker, hauling a lawyer away?
		-- Carl Sandburg