[Coco] lbsr and rts

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Wed Sep 16 14:08:47 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:46:30AM -0700, Wayne Campbell wrote:

> I have found, in the assembly code generated by disasm, that there
> are labels in the declarations (all those fcb's) that are being
> addressed in the code using lbsr op codes. Yet, there is no rts
> instruction anywhere in those fcb's. Can someone explain how this
> works? An example is:

Most likely your disassembler has some sort of input that
differentiates code blocks from data blocks, gives a means to assign
meaningful labels names instead of "L010A", etc.  It seems likely that
this file needs to be modified to recognize that L010A is in a section
of code -- probably one that extends at least until the next "fcb $39"
or "rts" in your current disassembly.  Ditto for the other labels in
data sections that are the targets of jump or branch instructions.

Hth!

John

P.S.  BTW, the other possibility is that the section that you think
is code is actually a data section...