[Coco] questions about constants

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Sun Sep 13 12:04:40 EDT 2009

The fixed constants are actually allocated exactly where they are defined,
so you need to define them in an area that can't contain any code. Any other
rules about where you define fixed constants is generally up to you,
although it's somewhat common to either defined fixed constants immediately
after the rts in the subroutine in which they are used or near the bottom of
the file. Putting them close to where they are used is a little more
convenient.

Notice the OS-9 module header information is basically defined as a set of
fixed constants in the asm assembler at the top of the file.

M$ID fdb $87CD
M$Size fdb $B61D
M$Name fdb Name
M$Type fcb $11