[Coco] Using a Color Computer as a "Dump Terminal"

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Sep 9 19:04:35 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 09 September 2009, Jorge Renato Machin Ibarra wrote:
>Hi:
>
>Sorry if my English is very bad :P
>
>I tested the configuration first on my desktop using Fedora 11 (kernel
> 2.6.30.5)  and make the youtube video on my  laptop using Fedora 10
> (kernel 2.6.27.25) .
>
>I used  usb bt dongle too. I can't say something about the kernel because
> my distro recognized my usb device out of the box.
>
>Usually  I make a how-to to publish it in my blog, but I have not finished
> it yet.
>
>To answer right now:
>

>Must be root.

A given

>To allow connections  to the linux BT:
>
>sdptool add --channel=1 sp
>rfcomm listen 0 1

Did this, looks like it worked, rfcomm is hung.  We had a 2 second power
outage about noonish and I haven't restarted the coco with the correct boot
disk since.  I overdid it today, putting a roof on my boat shed, which is not
quite done, so it will be tomorrow at least before I tackle this again.

>If you are running these commands in a shell, you'll see a connection
> message when the color computer successfully connects.

I have never ran that eprom from basic, so I'll be a bit green regarding that
too.

>To automatically login some user to a virtual console on startup add this
> in /etc/inittab:
>
>S0:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 9600 /dev/rfcomm0 vt100
>
>If you want to test it manually, you can run the agetty command in a
> terminal after the color computer makes the connection:
>
>/sbin/agetty 9600 /dev/rfcomm0 vt100
>
>To avoid echo in the color computer terminal I used this command:
>
>stty /dev/rfcomm0 -echo
>

> I hadn't tried it with nitros9 because I don't have a multi-pak interface
> :'(
>

>I hope it helps

I'm sure it will help.  Thank you very much.