[Coco] Emulator

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Sun Sep 6 16:55:27 EDT 2009

On Sep-6-09, at 2:48 PM, Bill Barnes wrote:
> --- On Sun, 9/6/09, Wayne Campbell <asa.rand at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> a couple others I found that wouldn't run. They were all
>> written in 16-bit code, and XP Professional running in a
>> 32-bit environment just won't allow those programs to
>> launch.
>
> Funny, I always thought it was the 64-bit versions of XP and Vista
> that didn't want to work with any 16-bit code.

Yeah, It is the 64-bit versions of Windows that have no 16-bit
capabilities.  I especially love it when you have a 32-bit
application, but the installer for it is 16-bit, so you can't install
the program on your machine.

Perhaps he's referencing some of the older emulators that rely on DOS
or other low-level device access not available in newer versions of
Windows.

-- JP