[Coco] SVGA monitor

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Oct 18 22:38:11 EDT 2009

On 18 Oct 2009 at 20:44, RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/18/2009 10:35:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> Torsten at Dittel.info writes:
>

> >one reason for better PAL conversion quality might be: the ADC which is
> >digitizing the RGB channels (to provide them to the AverLogic (AL25x)
> >converter) works somehow better with the lower PAL frequencies. Maybe
> >NTSC behaviour could be improved by another external (analog) circuit
> >regarding the impedance matching (which might make the PAL quality
> >worse, so I'm not really interested in that change, LOL)
>

> I doubt it.   The bandwidth of the AL875 ADC is 100 mhz
>
> Roy

Roy

I concurr with that assesment. I am not all that up to speed as to exactly what the issue is
between the two outputs. Though color space conversion can be a finiky thing. Visual acuity
and perception of color varies from person to person and also with monitors. Adding in also
the variation of COCO3s probably does not help matters either.

james