[Coco] off-topic: USB drives scam?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Oct 15 19:39:45 EDT 2009

At 03:41 PM 10/15/2009, you wrote:
>I've fixed every usb flash drive that i've personally screwed up using
>this tool:
>
>http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/peripherals/SP27608.exe
>
>ymmw...
>-Aaron

DriveKey doesn't work.  It reports "Device media is
write-protected."  I just tried it using that download but I've had a
copy for a year now with no luck.

I'm not sure what's trashing my flash drives, but it seems like it
could have been the home DVD player.  I won't plug any sticks in it
to find out.  I use my 500bg portable USB drive all the time on the
player and haven't had any problems, but I do realize "it ain't a USB stick".

--
~ Roger Taylor