[Coco] off-topic: USB drives scam?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Oct 15 19:24:28 EDT 2009

At 01:00 PM 10/15/2009, you wrote:
>Never even heard of this problem before.  The results from Google seem
>very limited, it doesn't appear to be a rampant problem.
>
>I did run across this possible solution using regedit:
>http://pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=88972
>
>I'd just stop sticking them in your DVD player. :)

Exactly.

Limited Google results? That's because nobody is calling the darn
things by the same name.  Memory stick, usb stick, flash drive, flash
stick, usb flash, memory drive, usb drive... you get the idea.  Some
people are saying it's a virus or worm, along with whatever they
think their usb drive is called.  :)  So the words you used to find
posts on this subject might not be turning up what I found.

The regedit thing doesn't work.  I tried that months ago.

--
~ Roger Taylor