[Coco] micro drive configuration

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Oct 14 23:21:11 EDT 2009

At 07:44 PM 10/14/2009, you wrote:

>This is starting to sound like the ultimate pak I would like to have
>for the CoCo:  Stick a $20 CF card in it, and be able to pick from
>Disk Basic or an OS9 install.   The disk basic side would have a ton
>of virtual drives available (or an easy way to mount images located
>elsewhere), the OS-9 side would have a good sized 'hard drive'.
>(though my old hard drive was 20 meg and I probably had it 10% full,
>even aftering pilfering Delphi and BBSes for everything I want)
>Combine that with a way to transfer files to the CoCo with a terminal
>program or the CoCoNet software, and you could do everything with one
>pak that once would have required a multi-pak, a floppy drive, a hard
>drive interface, and an RS-232 pak.
>
>I'd be willing to pay up to $200 for such a device!  It would make my
>demos at the classic gaming conventions very easy and awesome.

It's not a CF card but a tiny MicroSD card maybe the size of your thumb nail.

A maintenance App on the PC can be used to load up the MicroSD card
with OS-9 and Disk BASIC images.  I don't want any configuration
whatsoever from the CoCo.  It needs to be plug-and-play for the
CoCo.  The MicroSD module could be swapped with a bluetooth module
and CoCoNet won't know the difference.  Using either module, the CoCo
will have a huge NitrOS-9 or OS-9 hard drive and 256+ virtual
floppies, and perhaps more.

--
~ Roger Taylor