[Coco] micro drive configuration

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Oct 14 01:20:50 EDT 2009

At 11:40 PM 10/13/2009, you wrote:
>Roger,
>
>While I think I understand what it is that you're trying to do I
>don't completely understand the need. These days CF and SD cards are
>stupidly cheap and for a coco so large as to be a waste of space. Could
>you really fill up a 1gig card with nitros software or data?

>I'm not sure if it's worth rewriting coco disk basic and the nitros
>drivers over.

Already done.  It was worth it.

Btw, I can click Go and build it all in seconds now that it's a
Rainbow IDE project.  6551 boot module, NitrOS-9 virtual hard drive
image, CoCoNet EPROM, etc.  The CoCoNet ROM builder actually
assembles the patch for Disk BASIC and overlays it on an existing
copy of Disk BASIC like it was LOADM'ed on the real CoCo.  Thanks to
CCASM and Rainbow IDE, I've pretty much streamlined the process, give
or take a few snags.

--
~ Roger Taylor