[Coco] 10 years of Delphi posts (1985-1995)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Oct 3 22:20:21 EDT 2009

At 09:12 PM 10/3/2009, you wrote:
>I wondered about that, but it seemed to me that the message referenced in
>the "Re: Msg..." was almost NEVER in the list of messages listed below the
>one presently displayed.  Are you sure your searches are turning up ALL
>messages under a particular subject?  I know that many messages are missing,
>but it doesn't seem like SO many should be, unless somebody deleted a very
>large number of them after I stopped using Delphi.

A lot of them were obviously deleted.  My program looks at the Re:
reference # and then searches for that ID.  Since the IDs are
sequential, I've never seen a message reference a higher ID.

I've even gone into the text file and used Find to look up these
questionable references, and couldn't find the parent message
ID.  Thousands of messages appear to be missing.

--
~ Roger Taylor