[Coco] changes to DCom code

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 13:25:59 EDT 2009

As I am going through the code, I am making changes to reflect corrections. Some of these corrections I made previously (in 1993), but it was after I printed out the copy I still have. I am including comments where code changes are being made, to reflect the fact that the change did not occur in my printed source, or was added to compensate for changes to the OS.

Also, I use TextPad to work on my source files. With its ability to use syntax files, I'm able to colorize the code, making it easier to spot things more quickly. In the syntax file, there are different forms of comments it can deal with. For single line comment, I set it to recognize REM. For alternate single line comment, I set it to recognize ! (exclamation point). Even though Basic09 does not have a block comment, the use of (* has been used as a "block form":

(* comment text *)

I set the syntax file to recognize (* as the beginning of a block and *) as the end of a block. Because of this, the code in TextPad will be all comments if the *) isn't present, so I have modified all of the comments in DCom's code to contain it.

I also have included block indention to make it easier to read the code. Basic09 just strips leading spaces from the source, so the indention won't affect the overall size of the code when loaded. All indention is set at 2 spaces, except the first level (the beginning of the statements). That is set to 3 so line numbers are left-justified and the code is aligned with the fourth column.

I'll be uploading the modified code to source forge later today.

Wayne