[Coco] Telnet to your CoCo.. and invite 6 of your friends

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Nov 30 00:17:40 EST 2009

At 06:53 AM 11/28/2009, you wrote:
>I've got the inbound TCP connection portion of my project completed.
>You can now have up to 7 inbound connections to your CoCo using
>telnet.  The DriveWire server listens on port 6809 (configurable, but
>is there any better port? :) and binds incoming connections to the
>next available virtual serial port on the CoCo.  Using tsmon, you can
>have a pretty decent multiuser, internet accessible NitrOS-9 system.
>
>As soon as I can figure out a way to run a multi-line BBS (or when
>Wayne decodes RiBBS ;), I'll be putting a Coco board online.  I've got
>a spare Coco with cooling fan ready to give it a shot.
>
>As always, the code is free to anyone that is interested.
>http://aaronwolfe.com/coco
>
>-Aaron

What would the overall throughput be for 7 connections over a 115200
bps?  ~9600 bps?  Still, a geat accomplishment for a CoCo, and I
don't even think a cooling fan will be needed, unlike these power
hungry PCs today that bog down with the hour glass cursor even when
nothing else is going on.  Makes ya wonder whether a rack of CoCo 1's
can do a better job.  Take'em out of their cases, network them all
together somehow and make one big CoCo array.

I haven't investigated further into the Telnet features of the
Internet Modem program that the CoCoNet server is built upon, but I
think the CoCo can serve and I've seen references to IRC in the code as well.

--
~ Roger Taylor