[Coco] TRS-80 Color Computer: Wikipedia Article

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Nov 26 21:47:36 EST 2009

Wouldn't you know it, just after sending that last message I stumbled
across this:

"Apple designer Steve Wozniak described it as the first chip you could
get for less than a hundred dollars (actually a quarter of the 6800
price) - it became the CPU of choice for many early home computers (8
bit Commodore and Atari products)."  From
http://library.thinkquest.org/26532/inside/history/index.html

While it's referring to the 6800, I think we can infer that the 6809
would likewise be at least similar in price to the 6800, especially
since it was a more advanced design while the 6502 was a few years old
when the 6809 came out.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"