[Coco] a couple of programming questions

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 22:49:26 EST 2009

I'm not sure how difficult it would be. There are many factors involved. First, " " is not the only literal that can occur multiple times. Each procedure would have to be determined based on the literals it contains, and the amount of duplication.

The work I just did breaks every literal string down to it's components, and then builds the strings from the components. This may be too much for one optimizer to do. It would be far less code if it stayed with optimization based on length and repetition of occurrence. It would be my guess that any literal that only occurs once would not be further optimized, even if it's the word "Continue".

Then there's the literals that contain format spacing and "words" (which can be abbreviations). Do you break them down? Or do you leave them unaltered? I may play around with this later, just to see what's involved.

Wayne