[Coco] Multiple line OS9 BBS was Caring for a CoCo

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 23:02:57 EST 2009

I haven't yet found an OS-9 BBS that is public domain/open source and
supports multiple lines.
Anybody have suggestions?

-Aaron

 I have the "OS9 L2 BBS" which does support multiple lines. I can't remember who wrote this and right now, I can't find the manual that came with it. I do remember the manual had a green cover. I'm certain that someone here will remember the author.
 When I set this up years ago, I was impressed at how fast it was. Back then, it was considered very fast, even when running from floppies.
 It was written totally within OS9 rules(so I read somewhere, or dreamed it). Used tiny modules to get the job done and worked well for me..... considering ... at the time, I couldn't get any interest. I could use a comm program, dial out to the other modem and log in to the BBS and operate it that way. Using a window to emulate another user, I could chat with myself as if there were more than one user online.
 Perhaps, when we find the author, we might even get permission to use it as freeware or public domain or whatever terminology is used to say.... "Go ahead and use it. Just don't try to make money on it."

If we get permission, I'll happily make this available to everyone.

George

 My CNC coco..
http://coco.thetinbox.com/