[Coco] Caring for a CoCo

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 16:24:03 EST 2009

I'm not the one to answer your questions, Aaron, but reading your post brought memories back. I remember my 512K CoCo3 being warmer than my 64K CoCo2 was, but both got very warm around the vents. I remember getting one of those internal fans and having a friend help me wire it in so it came on when the CoCo was turned on. The fan was too large to fit inside the CoCo's case, so it was mounted to the top left of the case, over the vent holes facing down, and blew air into the case. the air movement came out the right side, and kept the CoCo much cooler.

If you're planning to try to run one 24/7 (and mine was on at least 18 hours a day), a fan will definitely help with the heat issue.

Wayne