[Coco] curses update

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Nov 16 15:15:30 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:29:20AM -0500, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> Even as a "non programer" these days, the work to port curses is great
> news because a huge amount of software which is freely available in
> source form uses this library for it's screen output.  This is a big
> step in opening the door to porting that software to os9.

I hope so, anyway.

>I haven't
> had time to play with Mr. Goosey's code yet, but I am very excited to
> hear about the progress and plan to start working with it soon.

I feel I should point out that very little of that code is mine.  A
fellow named Allen I. Holub published the original in DDJ (for
MS-DOS), and someone named R. Waggoner ported it to OSK.  I just
tweaked things to get it to compile under 6X09, and fixed the more
obvious bugs.

That being said, Holub wrote a *subset* curses.  There's some
functinality that I want that it doesn't have.  Might have to do
something about that. ;-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA