[Coco] drivewire serial port progress

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:37:00 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM, John W. Linville
<linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 09:46:12PM -0600, Roger Taylor wrote:
>> At 06:33 AM 11/12/2009, you wrote:
>>
>>> P.S.  I'm pretty sure the "Internet modem" part is available out
>>> there too, just haven't put a finger on it...
>>> --
>>> John W. Linville                Someday the world will need a hero, and you
>>> linville at tuxdriver.com                  might be all we have.  Be ready.
>>

>> Last year, the original CoCoNet server was ditched and I'm now using
>> Visual Studio .NET for it.  My server is actually the Internet Modem
>> program with my additions to it.  It's fast enough and very reliable and
>> works with bluetooth COM ports just fine (incoming or outgoing).
>
> Ah, yes -- how could I have 'forgotten' the name?? :-)
>
>        http://boycot.no-ip.com/InternetModem/
>
> Of course, that is in VB.  So, it may (i.e. probably does) need to
> be rewritten before it can run on Linux.

Nice!  This should work fine for the Windows side of my project.

It's fairly trivial to create this type of thing in Linux, probably
easy in OS X as well.  I can write one from scratch much quicker than
trying to adapt VB code :)  The source will be handy for ideas though.