[Coco] drivewire serial port progress

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Thu Nov 12 07:33:28 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 09:00:42PM -0500, John W. Linville wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 08:54:28PM -0500, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> > I think I was using the wrong terms searching Google for Windows PTY
> > support. I found this this:  http://com0com.sourceforge.net/
> > which might solve the lack of PTYs in Windows nicely.
>
> Yes, this looks like exactly what is needed for Windows.  I stumbled
> upon that the other day when the question arose, but I didn't put it
> together then.
>
> So it looks like there is a decent solution for all the supported
> servers! :-)

BTW, unless you really fancy writing your own, the "telnet to the
coco serial port" part seems to be readily available now that you
are using a PTY:

	http://ser2net.sourceforge.net/

ser2net is packaged for Fedora (so you don't have to build it).  I have
no idea about other distros, but I imagine that at least Debian has
it too...

John

P.S.  I'm pretty sure the "Internet modem" part is available out
there too, just haven't put a finger on it...