[Coco] os9/drivewire driver: success!

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 05:50:06 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:55 PM, John W. Linville <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:

>> > I'm pretty sure OSX has at least some version of PTY support.
>> > I Googled a bit for win32 APIs (of which I am blissfully ignorant)
>> > but didn't find anything specific.  However, there seem to be some
>> > implementations out ther -- maybe cygwin or uwin or something would
>> > support it?

>> > I'll attach the source for the MESS code I use.  It seems reasonably
>> > clear, but feel free to ask questions if you haven't MESSed your
>> > brain yet. :-)
>>
>> Thanks, looks like it will work with just a little tweaking,
>> definitely save me some time.
>> I will probably get something put together tonight.
>>
>> If you'd like, I can send boot disks/source/binaries etc or put them somewhere.
>
> Sounds great -- I'd love to see them!

Ok, PTY is working and it's much nicer than the old stdin/stdout
version.  I am now using an OS9 shell in Minicom on my linux box, with
the Coco booted and accessing disks over the same serial cable at the
same time.. the bit banger must be hating life :)

I made a web page with notes and files if anyone wants to play with
it, or better yet help find/correct my many mistakes and bad designs.
I think it should have everything needed:

http://www.aaronwolfe.com/coco/

It's very close to usable, but if you're just interested in having it
work then probably want to wait another week or so and I'll have it
much better polished.

-Aaron