[Coco] os9/drivewire driver: success!

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 07:43:18 EST 2009

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> Here is an example of things working now (note process 3, this is the
> shell on T2, which is using stdin/stout on my linux box, and where I'm
> typing the commands). For now I've modified the drivewire server to
> have no display, and just put stdin into the virtual serial port's
> read buffer, write bytes from the virtual serial port to stdout.

Aaron,

Terrific work.  I really look forward to being able to use a Linux box as
a console on the CoCo.  In the past year I've learned to love almost
everything about the little boxes - with the exception of the keyboard.  I
simply cannot deal with it.  Hurts my fingers to type on it and I'm very
inaccurate due to the layout being a bit "off" from contemporary
standards.

Steve