[Coco] CoCoNet status

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 19:34:10 EST 2009

I don't have a multipak.  In addition, I want to keep using my
floppies for RSDOS and booting my floppies for NitrosO9.  How can I
use my floppies and use Roger's pak at the same time?  There seems to
be many talented hardware guys in our community, why don't we have a
replacement for the multipak?  I'd like to have a hard drive (for
NitrosO9 AND my floppies AND Roger's pak and a real serial  port and a
parallel port (I've got a mint HP Laserjet 4 I'm dying to get working
with my coco and a serial modem I'd like to hook up and run a REAL
coco BBS).  I am really hankering after Roy's VGA converter too.  I'm
looking at the prices of these things (pak, hd, vga) and I'm looking
at $300+ (and that's not counting the serial/parallel pak (which
doesn't exist either)).  I want to buy things from Cloud Nine and Roy
and Roger but I just don't have the cash right now.  And even if I had
the cash, I wouldn't have a multipak to plug the stuff into.  I don't
even think you can buy a fracking Y cable these days. Hardware people
- build the MP replacement so I can plug the hardware in.