[Coco] Cloud-9 Tech

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 7 13:15:45 EST 2009

Easy, fellas.  Anybody keeping track of how high the yellow marks on
the wall are getting?

On Nov 7, 2009, at Saturday, November 7, 2009 - 12:23 PM, Boisy G.
Pitre wrote:

> Whatever chip that you have on your shoulder about me can stay
> firmly planted, but I dare say that anyone who has purchased a
> product from me has been treated with the utmost respect.  Your
> assertion that I treat my customers as though they are ignorant is
> patently false. People who spend their money with me will get my
> time and assistance, and I'll do everything I can within reason to
> help them.

And even folks that haven't spent their money with you!!  Thanks, Boisy!

> I'm a rather cut and dry person; I speak my mind, and I don't mince
> words.  I attribute it in part to my Cajun upbringing and the
> bluntness that I was exposed to growing up.  That comes across to
> some as curt and rude to some.

BTW -- I'm fermenting some chilis right now in an experiment that was
triggered by the label on the Louisiana Hot Sauce bottle.  I'll try
to let you know if it turns out half-way decent.

> By the way, if you truly feel that way, then I presume you're not
> using DriveWire either, even though it's free, right?
>
> On Nov 7, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Derek wrote:
>
>> ... I will never again purchase from Cloud-9 as long as your part
>> of the company... I have bypassed your company's products this
>> past year in favor for expansions and accessories for other
>> vintage platforms because every time I have gone to possibly place
>> an order for Drive wire or the Super IDE controller I remember how
>> you have treated me and others on the email list in the past and I
>> just cant bring myself to do business with you.
>>
>>> --- On Sat, 11/7/09, Boisy G. Pitre <boisy at tee-boy.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think your message doesn't convey a sense of disrespect as much
>>> as it does an ignorance of how Cloud-9's business is handled.
>>>
>>> Without a doubt, Mark and I have built a great network of friends
>>> and customers through Cloud-9, and I appreciate their business
>>> and support.  They keep the value of V pretty high, but it's the
>>> value of H that I watch carefully.  It increases when I have to
>>> write long emails like this one when I would rather be doing
>>> something else on a Saturday morning.  It increases when people
>>> wrongly assume that we are ignoring them and then send nasty
>>> emails.  It increases when my time gets taken advantage of by
>>> others without fair compensation or under false pretenses.

Don't spend too much time thinking "inside the box".
You will have plenty of time for that later.