[Coco] [Color Computer] Hello

Baar baar_bear at cox.net
Sat Nov 14 21:51:12 EST 2009

      Hello and greetings. My name is Michael and I'm a new member of your group.  I was a Cocoholic way back in the day. Got my CoCo II as Christmas present in 1985 and upgraded to CoCo III at Christmas 1987-this I used until I got my first PC for Christmas 1995.

      My CoCos are long gone but they served me well.  Tandy gave me the computer, but it was Lonnie Falk (RIP!) and the Rainbow Magazine (also RIP!) that showed me what my lowly "Trash 80" could do-and I could do quite a bit with it.  Used it for schoolwork and spent many happy hours programming it in BASIC and ML and accessing BBSes through my modem (it was mind blowing to me back in the day when my lowly CoCo could connect and communicate with my college's powerful VAX mainframe).

       That's it about my history. Thanks for having me aboard.