[Coco] Emulator - back to the thread's original question

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 03:02:41 EST 2009

I am unconvinced of the need for yet another emulator.  MESS already
runs on a wide range of platforms, and more importantly it is open
source.  The effort it would take to invent these wheels again is
massive compared to the effort it would take to simply fix any actual
issues with MESS.  Everyone is welcome to take the code and fix it,
all of the tools needed are free (as in freedom) as well.  How could
an alternate emulator, especially one based on some single commercial
tool, possibly offer more?  What could one do in a new emulator that
cannot be done more easily by improving/extending/fixing MESS?

I never got a response to my query as to what issues or regressions
the OP was talking about.  I don't understand what "fuzz" is.  If
there is a specific problem people are having with MESS, lets hear it.
 I'm more than happy to climb into the source and at least make an
effort to fix it for you.

-Aaron