[Coco] Please be kind to my FTP!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun May 17 10:56:12 EDT 2009

On Sunday 17 May 2009, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>There's been a lot of enthusiasm for the latest uploads to CoCo FTP
>site at maltedMedia.
>
>But **please** be kind. If you don't really intend to read all that
>stuff cover-to-cover in the next few days, let it sit and grab just
>the document you want to read.
>
>Over the past 48 hours downloads have reached 60GB for those new,
>very big PDFs. When I hit my monthly 500GB bandwidth limit, I start
>paying $1/GB overcharges. The CoCo FTP section is now 95% of the
>total demand on a server with 40 domains.
>
>The free FTP site has been open for almost nine years, and the CoCo
>list running for nearly six. The hard drive was upgraded two weeks
>ago to accommodate those 20-plus GB in new files, and it is now
>shadowed as well. The site is not in danger of disappearing, so
>please build your personal archives s-l-o-w-l-y!
>
>One more important thing: A big thank-you is owed. If you noticed the
>maltedMedia FTP site is easier to browse recently, you can thank Tim
>Lindner, who has been hard at work all week brilliantly reorganizing
>the haphazard mess it had become!
>
>Thanks,
>Dennis

And many many thanks to Dennis for supplying this site, and to Tim for doing
this.  If all we had was yahoo, this group would not be, it really is that
simply stated.  I intend to pickup a few of the older, < 1985 issues
eventually as I now have >2TB available, but I won't add to your load for a
while yet.

A big tip of the hat to both of you.

--
Cheers, Gene