[Coco] RGB-DOS ROM identification

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu May 14 00:09:46 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 13 May 2009, Bob Devries wrote:
>Gene,
>you're right. The numbers $01 and $88 are in those locations. What fooled me
>was the the $DC is right there in the next byte. Must have some relation to
>the type of controller, I'd guess, but right now, I'm not sure what.

Either that, or it actually is a 3 byte offset, it is in my setup.  Its also
the same offset in my sh.dd, which allows me to access the rsdos images on my
drive.  I had not considered that $D?9A might be used as the other byte of a
16 bit integer. 98 is a byte, the MSByte of a 24 bit value, and 99/9A are the
rest of it.  Makes perfect sense now.