[Coco] FD-502 drive

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sun May 10 20:02:35 EDT 2009

> Good point.  Has anyone installed a small fan in their FD-502 case, as
> was suggested by Tandy when you add a second drive?  It doesn't look  like
> there's any obvious place inside where you could mount the thing.
>
> -- JP

I have (or had) two 501s that had the Tandy "upgrade."  A very cheap
permanent magnet can motor with a real cheap stamped aluminum fan.

I have tucked a 1.2" CPU cooler fan in a 501.  It is the voltage regulators
that need the air flow.  They were a little under cooled for running two
drives.  I tapped the fan power from the 12 volt line for the drives.

They made the 502 case even cheaper.  I don't recall just where a fan could
be hung ATM.

Bruce W.