[Coco] [Color Computer] Hello everyone!

Charles Richmond yahoogroups at aquaporin4.com
Sun May 10 00:26:35 EDT 2009

On May 9, 2009, at 8:19 PM, vacuumboy1 wrote:
> I've JUST purchased a WORKING tandy coco III for 4.00 at the thrift
> store today! Me and my mother have been programmin' on it all day.
> We just LOVE it! But, I need some help. Ive read the commmands and
> their syntax, but to me, it dosnt make sense. Come someone please
> explain in simple terms the commands Input and FOR. We don't know
> how to write them correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any book on BASIC programming will explain INPUT and FOR, as well as
all the other "regular" BASIC statements. You may need the Extended
Color BASIC manual for the Color Computer to understand the extended
command set for graphics and sound.

Go to your public library and check out a book on BASIC programming.
You need the *old* style BASIC:  stay away from books on Visual BASIC.

Or you can order a beginner book on BASIC at Abebooks. Here are three,
and each will cost about $5 including shipping. Any one will do:

http://tinyurl.com/qva47z

http://tinyurl.com/qp7he7

http://tinyurl.com/qamu35

Disclaimer:  I am *not* affiliated with Abebooks except as a satisfied
customer. I get *no* monetary reward if you buy or do *not* buy their
books.

|   Charles and Francis Richmond     richmond at plano dot net   |