[Coco] Rapid share downloads

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Sat May 9 01:03:39 EDT 2009

That's not quite true...

When I download at work (4 x DS3's), free downloads are throttled at about 160-180KB/sec.
On top of that, you can only do a single download.

Yesterday, using a premium account, I was downloading 8 at a time under opera, and getting 250-300KB/sec on all 8 simultaneously. If you calculate that out, you're looking at about 16-18Mbits/sec!
Single file download speeds were in the 450-550KB/sec range.

Free downloads are only allowed single at-a-time downloads, and you have to wait 15min per like 100 or 200mb or so.