[Coco] Using HDB-DOS for DriveWire 3

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Fri May 8 19:58:47 EDT 2009

Alan,

The HD image supplied has nitros9 on it already. I have a HDB-DOS rom,
only for the drive wire access on one of my machines. On the other that
has 2 scsi drives, I created a boot disk with the drivewire drivers and
descriptors.  I used dmode to on two of the dw descriptors to make them
the same size as my hard drives.  One 105meg, and the other 207meg.
using the tools I created two images of the proper number of sectors,
and mounted them.  Now I can use dsave to backup my hard drives to the
DW3 server, and restore etc.  Works great!  I also created a floppy boot
disk with /x0 as /DD!  Start the boot from floppy, /dd takes over, and
now I am running off of DW3.  Great for setting up a new hard drive on
the coco. The choices are endless.

Tim Fadden

P.S. Whats the O for?  My dad's name was Orville.  ;-)