[Coco] My 2¢ worth Was: RE: Needed Rainbow Magazines

Derek dml_68 at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 14:59:11 EDT 2009

Bill,

Again thank you for hosting the FTP. I am downloading right now (Noon PST) and am getting about 30KB/s which is great. I am only grabbing one file at a time so as not to tie up more bandwidth than I need to. You are right that during USA "prime time" hours things slow down and off hours it moves along just fine.

Thanks again!

Derek

Bill <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com> wrote: My FTP is being run on my personal BBS machine (a Mobile AMD Athlon XM-P
3000+ processor, 448Mb of RAM, and a WDC 250Gb hard drive). We are connected
to a WebStar cable modem through a TrendNet TEW-431BRP router. We have
standard 5MB cable service.

I know the machine itself is capable, but the cable service is not. It's too
slow, therefore my speeds are crappy.

Everyone is welcome to connect to download anything I have, but as I said
before, the more that connect, the slower the speeds.

I have noticed that the middle of the day (1pm-6pm EDT) and the middle of
the night (1am-8am EDT) are the best (least activity) times to connect.

I'm allowing ONE "cocoshare (anonymous)", TWO private, and ONE continuous
upload connection at a time. That seems to be the best combination I've
found.

As I type this message, I have the upload connection and one private
connection. The upload speed is averaging 18KB/s, and the download is
running at 41KBs.

My FTP is open to all, but PLEASE don't complain to me about speeds.

Take care, and God bless