[Coco] Off topic request

Dave Kelly daveekelly1 at embarqmail.com
Tue May 5 22:36:18 EDT 2009

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 May 2009, Dave Kelly wrote:
>> I apologize but this group is about the right age to know if it exists.
>>
>> Is there  a program that I can run in the back ground and will pop up a
>> window when it is time for medication. Maybe beep if I'm away from my
>> CP.  Need safeguards of some kind like not being dismissed until
>> specifically clicked on  ( not overlooked if it is past due ). List
>> which is due at which time.
>>
>> I want it to run on a Linux system
>>
> If you have kde installed, check out kalarm, it might do that for you.
> gnome may have a similar utility too.
Ideally---------
I would like something that I can configure to pop up a window and tell
me to take my 3 o'clock dose and what it is. And stay there until I
click to dismiss it.

I would like it to be stand alone, not tied to something else that may
not be running ( Google Calendar ) or  taking up background resources.

I will look into  your suggestion.

Thanks Gene,
Dave