[Coco] B&B HD Setup

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue May 5 10:16:44 EDT 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009, tonym wrote:

> I finally aborted it at the 36-hour mark.
>
> Surely there is something wrong at that point....

Tony,

Was the drive actually doing something all that time, or was the system
frozen?  This was the verify phase of format, correct?  You should have
been seeing hex block addresses scrolling by constantly.

If not, perhaps you were bitten by the same problem I was.  Unless you set
a flag (forget what it's called), the terminal pauses at the end of a page
and waits... forever.

I was yanking hair out of my head over this while setting up a Seagate
disk on my B&B controller.  It would chug along for a while and just stop.
However, the light on the drive went out and it was clear nothing was
happening.  So, might be a red-herring.

Steve