[Coco] B&B HD Setup

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Mon May 4 12:37:10 EDT 2009

LOL; At 4 disks and 8 heads in a full height 5.25 format they do have some
mass to them.  That and they were also one of the most popular for some sort
of audio recording and hacking unit used in radio stations.  I got the first
from a Radio guy when his station upgraded and snagged the rest from eBay.
One was DOA, but I found a circuit board on eBay for it and resurrected it.
I still hope to get all four of them on line with the CoCo someday.  I will
however need to find the details on the trace cutting hack needed to allow
two of the Adaptec boards to co-exist, which is why it did not work
way-back-when.

I still check eBay for them now and then, but the prices most people want
for them these days is way far out of my price range.  Funny thing is, they
don't seem to be selling them either.