[Coco] minor problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri May 1 23:11:36 EDT 2009

Bill wrote:
> I have a minor problem (really just an annoyance, really). I'm running
> DriveWire on a Windows 98 box, and whenever it reboots, I always have to set
> it to the Coco3 and to Com2. I thought that when it was running on the XP
> box, it just booted up all that stuff after I set it initially. Did I miss
> something?

I don't have any problems on my Win98SE system. The first time DriveWire
was started, it said "no device" was connected. Using the drop down
arrow, COM1 and COM3 were listed. I selected COM1 as I am using the
serial port not the modem. Communication with the Coco worked perfectly.

On rebooting Win98SE, it was not necessary to make any changes to
DriveWire. When the server was started, it remembered that COM1 was the
selected port.