[Coco] [Color Computer] pdf to djvu testing

stinger30au stinger30au at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 17 20:30:20 EDT 2009

i just finished scanning another aussie coco mag and decied to test it out and convert it to djvu

the command i used fro shell was this

 pdf2djvu -o aussie.coco.april.1988 -d300 -v aussie.coco.april.1988.pdf

i told it to convert to 300dpi as my original pdf was saved like that anyhow.

my original pdf is 96.2 megabyte long

the djvu file i got out is 16 megabyte

there is however a slight blurr to the text though in the djvu file and thats to be expected as it is a lossy format anyhow.
it does take a little while to convert from pdf to djvu but nothing to stress over.

i will tinker some more with djvu, but im quite impressed so far.just wish it wasnt as blurry on the text.
 its still quite useable though dont get me wrong, but for clarity the original pdf shines as there is no blur on the text