[Coco] Test RS232 pak

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Mar 31 21:59:38 EDT 2009

At 08:42 PM 3/31/2009, you wrote:
>No matter what I poke, I still get no activity from the Pak. I have one I\

Bill...  the pak's 6551 chip should respond to PEEK commands.  You'll
see that the 4 registers are mapped in.  That's about all you're
going to get out of the thing if no connection to a terminal is made!

?PEEK(65384) usually reports 0 initially
?PEEK(65385) usually reports 16 initially
?PEEK(65386) and ?PEEK(65387) should report 0 initially

Grab those RS-232 Pak docs and study before even attempting to
experiment blindly.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com