[Coco] CoCoNet wireless milestone

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Mon Mar 30 02:02:16 EDT 2009

On Mar 29, 2009, at 11:07 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:

> As of tonight I'm thrilled to have the following working quite well
> from the wireless bluetooth pak:

Very neat, Roger. Question:

> SAVER "http://www.somewhere.com/somefile.bar","COCOFILE.DAT",D  save
> remote file as CoCo data file

What is the reasoning behind the syntax? It seems different than the
other modifications. I'd expect it to follow the normal SAVE(M) format
and add parameters at the end, like:

SAVE"FILE.TXT:1",A

So :1 is the drive, A for ASCII, so I get having the ,x at the end,
but why the URL first? Isn't that basically the "drive" in this case?

Like:

SAVER"FILENAME.TXT:http://somewhere.com/somefile.bar",D

? Or was it just easier to add something up to the command, instead of
mess with the colon?

--
18th Annual “LAST” Chicago CoCoFEST! - March 28 & 29, 2009 - Elgin, IL
- http://glensideccc.com/

Over 98,000 digital pics from Disney, Theme Parks, and Ren Fests!
Visit http://www.AtTheFaire.com or http://www.DisneyFans.com

Orlando (and other places) cheap luxury vacation offers - and I get
credit!
http://www.WestgateResorts.com/or/index.cfm?acct=9009895609&sales=8664429956&language=en