[Coco] Fwd: [BBC-Micro] Omniflop

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 16:46:40 EDT 2009

On 3/28/09, Kish Tailor wrote:
> Just being forwarded onto the coco mailing list as I'm sure there will
> be a few interests on a easier way to transfer disk images.

Goto <http://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/> and download the fdrawcmd.sys
driver.  It's very easy to install.

Once you have the driver installed you can use the CoCoDisk utility to
quickly and easily copy CoCo disk images (but not DMK) to and from
real floppies under 2000, XP or Vista:

<http://www.nitros9.org/FILES/CoCoDisk.zip>

One thing that could cause a problem is the particular controller chip
found on your PC motherboard.  There are some that are unable to read
the first physical sector on each track of a CoCo formatted floppy.
This is due to the very small gap between the index hole and the first
sector. Using CoCoDisk to format a floppy on the PC will result in
disks that can be used on either platform.

Darren