[Coco] Windows 95 help

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Mar 28 07:44:01 EDT 2009

Alan, I have the same problem with a Win98SE Upgrade CD. The Upgrade CD assumes you have a qualifying product installed on the computer and running already, not installing from scratch. You may have to do a minimum install of Windows 3.1 then use the Upgrade CD. I think the 98SE Upgrade asks you to insert a CD if it can't find anything on the hard drive, I don't remember right now. You might try inserting the first 3.1 floppy in the drive before starting the Upgrade Setup. If the Setup program checks the floppy that should do it.

---------
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:10:22 -0400
From: N8WQ <exwn8jef at gmail.com>

I need help with Win95. I am trying to install Win95 upgrade
on my old computer I am using for a CoCo 3 emulator. My install quits
because my computer can't find a qualifying product. I have original CD
for Win 95 and original floppies to Win 3.1. Does anyone remember what
the qualifying products were for Win95? Thanks...

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"