[Coco] A way to use a serial mouse?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 26 18:25:58 EDT 2009

Andrew wrote:

> It would be real simple then to do some other funky things, such as
> "mouse macros", as well as create a form of hi-res interface (if you
> connected to the cassette port). I could also see this thing interfaced
> to the bit-banger serial port...

I'm surprised no-one has done a PS/2 adapter for Coco joysticks and mice.
Commercial adapters exist for other platforms, such as Amiga, for example.
Though they aren't cheap! So I did a small run of Amiga PS/2 adapters myself
some time back... (still got a few left!)

I'd be particularly interested in an adapter that allowed you to use
different analogue joysticks/gamepads on the Coco. I've dabbled with the
idea of producing one myself... a cheap embedded micro with some DACs would
do the trick nicely. I'd add a feature that allowed you to use a digital
joystick as well - most games I've come across really only use the Coco
joystick as a "digital" controller anyway. It'd be cool to use my X-Arcade
Stick on the Coco! ;)

Regards,