[Coco] Drivewire question

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Mar 25 11:32:33 EDT 2009

At 06:04 AM 3/25/2009, you wrote:
>On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Boisy Pitre wrote:
>
>>George,
>>
>>DriveWIre *could* easily be written to use the 6551, but hasn't up
>>to this point.
>>
>>One of the advantages of using DriveWire through the bitbanger is
>>that it doesn't require any additional hardware such as an RS-232
>>pak.  I would encourage you to at least try it out that way to see
>>if it would fit your needs.
>
>I have some doubts about the 6551 being capable of 115.2k
>baud.  Even if the chip itself can do it, the expansion bus may
>prove to be a bottleneck.
>

>Has anyone ever tried the RS232 pack at that speed using a standard
>comm program?

Yes.

Set Ultimaterm 4.0 to "450" baud and it's actually the 115200 bps
mode.  Sockmaster's TwilightTerm might do 115200 ?  My NetMate
terminal program does it without error, even during long ANSI-BBS
streams.  I used to hop the BBSes this way in the 90's.  I really
need to get NetMate recompiled and updated so I can throw it out
there an another choice for VT-52/VT-100/ANSI-BBS/TTY terminals.  It
also has Xmodem, Xmodem-CRC, Xmodem-1K, Ymodem, Y-Modem Batch, and
ASCII/direct data transfer to disk or memory buffer, auto-dial, etc.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com