[Coco] (no subject)

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Tue Mar 24 19:53:58 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 02:34:57PM -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 02:00 PM 3/24/2009, you wrote:
>> Tell you what. I'm not even going to waste time asking any more questions.
>> This is the fourth time someone has had a snide comment, and since I don't
>> seem to know how to ask an intelligent question, I won't bother the list
>> with my babbling.
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> Bill, don't run off.  I think you hit the all-time most unpopular
> statement and it rattled a few cranky people, that's all.  No biggie
> around here and nothing personal.
>
> Just saying " It doesn't work " doesn't leave any starting point for
> someone to help you get it working.
>
> HOWEVER, if anybody agrees with you about the NitrOS-9 disks being a
> pain in the butt, it's me.  Wow.  Only 10+ different
> versions/formats/builds, and if that isn't enough to scare you, putting
> in a 35-track SS copy of one of the .dsks and getting the OK prompt after
> typing DOS is just too much for me.
>
> But that's not it!  Let's say you actually found a .dsk that starts to
> boot.  You see a long string of "......"'s following by the Crashola
> message.  Have you got to that point yet?  :)
>

> --
> Roger Taylor

I like the approach taken by Cloud9 and their Superide adaptor. HDB-dos gets
loaded into one of the internal flash roms and Nitros is stored on a CF card that
you install. At boot an autoboot basic program runs and presents a menu allowing
the user to choose between hdb-dos and nitros-9.

No floppy needed!! :-)