[Coco] Booting NitrOS-9 on a CoCo 3

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Tue Mar 24 17:36:02 EDT 2009

N8WQ wrote:
> Howdy folks,
> Right now I have DECB 2.1 ROM in my floppy controller. Do I have to
> have a patched DECB (double sided, 40 track) ROM in order to boot this
> disk image?
>
> nos96309l2v030209coco3_40d_1.dsk
>
> I created this boot disk on my PC using DSKINI but the disk image will
> not boot on my CoCo 3 tower. In my tower I have two 5.25" 360K floppy
> drives. Thanks in advance.
>
> Alan Jones

I don't know what dskini does on a pc, but the dskini command on a coco
is only used for creating RSDOS floppy's

Os9 disks are not readable via rsdos and visa versa.

I use the toolshed utility os9.exe to create an on9 image, and then from
the os9 prompt: format to format it.

Just exactly what steps did you take to create the floppy?