[Coco] Coco2 true lower case

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:54:53 EDT 2009

On 3/20/09, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> I believe a reliable indicator is that if the model number ends in
> "B", it has lowercase.  I'm dusting off a very old memory here, but I
> think you can put it into true lowercase mode under Basic with POKE
> 359,57 followed by POKE &HFF22,&H40.
>
> Art
---

Having a Tandy label instead of Radio Shack is a pretty good
indicator.  The zero character will also have a slash through it.  To
see the extra features in action:

After POKE 359,57 you can:
 POKE &HFF22,&H10   to get true lowercase
 POKE &HFF22,&H20   to get reverse text (green on black)
 POKE &HFF22,&H40   to get a green border

You can also mix some of these like:
 POKE &HFF22,&H50   to get true lowercase and a green border

An interesting one is POKE &HFF22,&H38 which gives what appears to be
orange text on a red background.

Darren