[Coco] How do I create a NitrOS-9 blank disk image?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 17 18:17:10 EDT 2009

N8WQ wrote:
> Ok, I am finally a NitrOS-9 user. How do I create a formatted blank disk
> image so I can use it in NitrOS-9? I am using the Vcc 1.17 emulator.

VCC has built into itself the ability to create new images. Just attempt
to mount an image that does not exist and you will be asked it you want
to create a new disk.

> I want to start using the Microware C Compiler. I have the following disk
> images mounted:
> d0 = nos96309l2v030209coco3_40d_1.dsk
> d1 = OS9 C Compiler disk1.dsk
> d2 = OS9 C Compiler disk2.dsk
>
> I want to have a blank formatted disk image on d3 to save my C projects to.
>
> What does the "40d_1" mean on my boot disk?

It means the image is a 40 track double sided disk and is #1 of 2 for
that version. You could just mount the 80d image and have all the
contents in one disk.

> I have a blank disk set that I found online but I believe all of the
> images are for DECB.
> Has anyone created a blank disk set for NitrOS-9?

Once you have a new disk mounted, DECB or OS-9, just use the format
command to initialize the disk for OS-9.