[Coco] MESS

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 23:33:53 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Ramsower"
> I've tried MESS on my computer and can't seem to get it working correctly.
> I have a 1GHZ Celeron computer, running XP SP2
> So, I went to MESS.ORG and I see that I have a choice of mess0130B for
> Windows and mess0130B i686 OPTIMIZED.
> Is one better suited for my system? or would the one for <all platforms>
> be better?

 Well.

 I haven't had much luck with MESS. So some DSK files downloaded work  and
some don't.

 I have been trying to get a real OS9 L2 disk I use on my CNC coco to work
in MESS. If I use the .dsk extension it just returns to the OK prompt in RS
Basic. If I use the os9 extension, it displays OS BOOT and just hangs there.
 So.... I transferred the DSK file back to a floppy using Coco Disk, the
same program I used the make the DSK file. It still works on a real coco. So
this tells me the file must be good, but MESS doesn't work correctly on this
PC. I have tried this on three versions of MESS including the latest .130
and the results vary, but none work.

 Ideas?

George